Thursday, April 16, 2015

Compare and Contrast

Yesterday I did one 6-repeat mirrored set of pattern repeats using chart 1a of the Tuhannen kunniaksi hook/wave band.  Chart 1a uses half-turns to make sharper corners on the motifs.  Today I tried chart 1b.  That has no half-turns, which makes the motifs more curvy.  A full 6-repeat mirrored set of chart 1b is shown below.






I like the curvy motifs better.  So I will continue on using chart 1b.

It's nice to know that half-turns are no big deal and easily accomplished.

I confirmed the reversal technique.  The chart shows the forward and mirrored repeats, and also shows pattern rows 1 (of the forward) and 10 (of the mirrored) between the two.  Yes, you need to insert those two rows before following the mirrored chart.  Otherwise, the hooks merge.  I felt confident trying it both ways now that I feel more comfortable with unweaving.

I am still playing around with weft spacings, how close together I want them, and all that.

On the whole, this is a fun and really pretty pattern.  I'm not sure if I want to keep doing the 3-forward, 3-back repeats, or if I just want to continuously go in the same direction.  I like both.

No comments:

Post a Comment