Tuesday, July 21, 2026

Another S-sign tablet woven band


A friend was teaching a class on this band, so I warped up and went to the class because that's what friends do!  (No heckling, just support.)

Then I took it home and finished it.  It'll be given away.

The colors are red and gray (I want to say cardinal and gray, but that's old habits).  It's big box store #10 crochet cotton, as usual.

The unblocked band is about 1/2" wide and a smidge over 65" long.  I messed up the last few picks because I wasn't paying attention but that's OK, it's not very noticeable.  I didn't even notice until I went to measure it.  (no, the mistaken area is not in the above photo)

There's not much to say about this band.  I've made it before.  It is very cute and of course, very historic.  I used the chart in  Applesies and Fox Noses by Maikki Karisto and Mervi Pasanen, "5.  The S-Sign".

One of the students in the class borrowed my set-up for a few minutes and did their first-ever tablet weaving.  Since they are already an accomplished inkle weaver, their band looked spectacular right away, at least as far as consistency (even edges, even picks, etc.) and the usual things beginning weavers need to work on.  I hope they are inspired to take up tablet weaving after that promising start.

As usual, I'm not sure what I'll be making next.

No comments:

Post a Comment